Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Six Weird Things

Well, I had a whole Christmas presents/presence entry clanging around in my brain, but since it needs a bit more processing, I'll take the keyboard biologist's dare and post some weird things about me. I can't promise six.

1. When I was a child, and much more flexible than today, I used to bite my toenails. (Everybody: ewwwww!) This continued until I was hygeine-aware enough to think, yuck, feet in my mouth? This has, luckily, not translated to a foot fetish of any sort, although my (own) feet are still my favorite body part.

2. The most favorite thing I have ever bought was our new dishwasher. I researched it, picked it out, and now love to do dishes. Really.

3. In college, I had life-size cutouts of Han Solo and Jean-Luc Picard in my dorm room. Besides announcing to the world that I was either a) extremely uncool or b) too cool to care whether I looked cool (you can decide which), they also provided the side effect of scaring the crap out of people walking by--a real conversation starter. When I drove the 400 miles home for the summer, I placed Jean-Luc and Han so they were peeking out my rear windows. Made I-90 almost fun.

4. I did not see the Atlantic Ocean until I was 27, unless you include flying over it.

5. My first car was a 1977 Dodge Aspen that I bought for a dollar from my grandmother. I actually liked driving it because I could just leave it unlocked and not care. It was baby-poop yellow, had three-on-the-tree manual transmission, and had no power steering. Her name was the Sunshine Mobile.

6. I am a Christian and I am a Democrat. I also see no problem reconciling creation and evolution. This may not seem weird to everyone, but it sure did to people in my church growing up, which has led to an extreme fear reaction whenever I start to get involved at a church.

I made it to six!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while searching for Thuja socks. I think they are going to be my next project and yours are lovely! Good job! I used to bite my toenails all the time when I was a kid. I can't believe I was that flexible and that it didn't occur to me how gross it was.