Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Bumper Philosophies

I have a fascination with bumper stickers, those ultra-condensed snippets of philosophy. I don't know about you, dear (hypothetical) readers, but there isn't anything--not a sports team, not a religion, not a political candidate, and certainly not a 10-word clever phrase or innuendo-- that I've been so passionate about that I wanted to permanently adhere it to my multi-thousand dollar vehicle. It absolutely fascinates me to see the issues that people feel compelled to post on their cars.

When I named this blog knitsmith-wordpurl, my intention was to use it as a space for not only my knitting (mis)adventures but my fascination with words and writing.

Thus begins a new feature here: bumper sticker commentary.

Today when I was out running I saw this one on a parked car in my neighborhood:

AT LEAST I CAN STILL SMOKE IN MY CAR.

Yeah, for now, until you have to carry that little oxygen tank with you wherever you go. Idiot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought bumper stickering your car was an odd thing to do. I've never done it myself. About the funniest one I can remember right now said something to the effect of "God, please let me be as good as my dog thinks I am".