Saturday, August 11, 2007

In which I see with fresh eyes

This is Isabella. She is a Jordana Paige design, found in the spring 2007 Knitty.

I know I must have seen her before. After all, I obsessively read Knitty, virtual cover to cover. But I guess I never truly saw her until today. Suddenly I must have her. She is my everything. Never mind the Cascade Pastaza waiting patiently downstairs to be wound and knitted into a kick-ass Stefanie Japel design. never mind the mystery stole, languishing away in the middle of clue 5. never mind the slippers I promised my dad for his birthday (in May).

She's all I can think about.

5 comments:

LotusKnits said...

I love it when that happens with a pattern. There are many that I see and my immediate reaction is 'omg! i gotta have it NOW', and then there are always some that sneak by, unnoticed, until the right moment. Those are almost more of a pleasure, because they've crept into your consciousness, and you always knew they were there.

Perhaps that was a little too zen. Either way, I love that top! Excellent choice.

Clumsy Knitter said...

OMG! I was just drooling over that top last night too! It's a good thing I don't have any yarn for it right now because I, too, am stuck in the middle of Clue 5 of the MS3. But like the trooper I am, I went back and tried working on it...and found an extra stitch 2 rows later. That top is looking better and better! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comment on my green shawl.

Isn't Jane to die for! I read her every chance I get (or listen to her on tape in the car).

Toni said...

Enabler! I dropped over from MS3 and that REALLY is a cute pattern, and I probably have the yarn in the stash....

Oh dear--have you already started it?

Unknown said...

Wow - that really is gorgeous... I keep meaning to look back through all the Knitty archives. I think I'm a little afraid of finding too many must-knits!