Sunday, June 07, 2009

I just saw this on a blog I visited and thought, hmmm?


Please do not link to this blog, any post (or part of any post) , any project or any photo on Ravelry. I do not want their kind of attention and hope you will respect my request.
Thank you.


There is something I am not getting here.  "Their kind of attention"? 

I'm sure the blogger has a good reason for this, and I respect the wishes (not that I was tempted to link) but--what?  Nefarious Ravelry?  Big Brother and all that?  So confused.

2 comments:

Clumsy Knitter said...

I can't speak for the blogger, but I do know which one you're talking about. I don't think she's against Ravelry per se, but that she does not like people linking to or copying/pasting things without her permission. Understandably so!

Anonymous said...

I know this blog as well, and I remember that comment stopping me in my tracks. I guess "their attention" is Ravelry and anyone who uses it. If it's a copyright thing I could understand, but it does kind of sound like she wants to keep her general public at arm's length. I guess some of us aren't so popular as to need to worry about a huge influx of riff-raff inquiries about our knitting!