Sunday, February 01, 2009

Grey Gables

OK, these photos turned out really teeny. Don't know what I did wrong. Alas.
But look ! Look at the pretty cabley goodness! Look at the superfast sweater (that now feels so 2008, probably because I finished it before Thanksgiving and just now got around to photos)! Look at the way I am concealing the screwups I made on the (non) waist-shaping, and how, by standing sideways, I am concealing the fact that this is a sweatshirty shape on me when i really wanted something a bit more fitted. Knitters errors aside, for what it IS it is great--warm, practical, cheap (Wool-Ease chunky on size 10.5 needles), minimal finishing, and a very cool cable that was easy to memorize.
The cable runs all the way up each sleeve and the back as well. It is dramatic and large scale. I used my favorite KA needles to cable w/o a cable needle and it went just dandy.The hood, I have to say, was a bit odd. When I put it on, it looks like I am a medieval monk with a duck's bill. But mostly I leave it down, which unfortunately covers up a lot of the pretty cabling (if I were to knit this again, I'd do the cable up the front, too, and make the v-neck less deep) but is more comfortable. In fact, I think I'll wear this tomorrow.

No comments: