Thursday, July 19, 2007

In which I unravel

I read on a MS3-er's blog (don't remember whose, sorry!) that ravelry now has a feature where you can look up your position in the queue.

If they're inviting about 1200 people/week, I should be in by the end of the month, possibly mid-August:

  • You signed up on June 8, 2007
  • You are #7745 on the list.
  • 1681 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 10827 people are behind you in line.
  • 32% of the list has been invited so far
I have mixed feelings about this. I think ravelry is extremely well organized and a fantabulous tool for the serious knitter/fiber artist. However, I need another knitting-related time-suck like I need a hole in the head, especially since I'll soon be returning from my Year of Knitting Bliss (aka maternity leave) to the year of Oh Hell I Have 120 Essays to Grade By Tomorrow Not To Mention A Forty-Eight-Page Yearbook Deadline.

If I don't start a knitting group at school, I may never knit again.

2 comments:

N. Maria said...

Ha, ha!! I'm waiting, too, and I don't remember when I signed up!
You are funny!

Anonymous said...

LOL ;) Well, I can only warn you, Ravelry is pure hell for any free time you may have left... Lately I've spent one full day on that page and didn't even realize how quickly time was passing. Argh ;(