Thursday, July 19, 2007

In which I admit my addiction(s)


I said I wouldn't do it. I said I'd pace myself. The knitting world needs this pattern to be shared in a step-by-step fashion, so knitters everywhere can rejoice in its freshness, revel in its genius, relax into its rhythm.

But I couldn't help myself.

No, I'm not talking about Melanie's gorgeous lace (look, see, wow!: clue 3 done before clue four comes out tomorrow!), though of course I could be.

I'm talking about this pattern:


The start of my second pair of Coriolis socks. (Cat, when is this book coming out anyway?????)

I finished the MS3 Clue 3 chart on Tuesday night and immediately went into withdrawals. So, Wednesday, I dug this KnitPicks Memories (Geranium colorway, reds and pinks and greens, I don't think it's available any more) out of my stashette, and cast on again, this time using size 5s because the Austermann Step pair on size 6s came out a leetle bit big--just a skosh, as my mom would say. (Long o, as in most.)

The genius of this pattern is such that I, and I'm not a super fast knitter, have finished AN ENTIRE FOOT OF A SOCK in only a few knitting hours. It's some plain stockinette, some ingenious shaping, and just plain really cool. I feel like Cara on her monkey/jaywalker streaks.

So I promise to do my best to be a better blogger and record the process on Geranium Coriolis #2. But if I get the shakes and the cravings and I've already finished clue 4, and if Micah's hogging Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows (ay yi yi, so many addictions in play this week!) I reserve the right to cast on with impunity.

I bet I'll be knitting this again. And you should too.

1 comment:

LUL said...

Your MS3 is looking great and I absolutely love your swallowtail!