Thursday, November 30, 2006


Happy final day of Norovember!
These are the something something Spring armwarmers from Stitch & Bitch Nation. Hurry Up Spring? Spring Get Here Already? Hey, Spring, You Bastid, Where Ya Been? Something like that. Anyway, they are a gift for my sister-in-law, she of the Perpetually Cold Appendages. The idea is that she could wear them in the cold cold lecture halls and still be able to take notes. (And, to be perfectly candid, I wanted to buy some of this-a-here yarn I been hearing so much about on the internets.)

I'm finished with the right one and about 33-50% done with the left. The left is going more quickly, I guess that makes sense, and I think my gauge is better, too. The pattern calls for size 7s but apparently I am a tight knitter. I'm trying for a more zen-like approach.

Interesting side note: I was kind of disappointed with the stitch definition in the cable/leaf panel on the first one. It didn't look as clear as in the pictures in the book--I thought it was just because I chose a darker yarn, or was knitting too tight. But the stitch pattern looks really clear in my photograph, so I guess it must be a Light Thing rather than a My Knitting thing. Whew.

I don't even remember who organized Norovember, but this is my contribution. Better late than never.

No comments: