Sunday, February 05, 2012

Annnnnnd--blocked, beautiful (if I do say so myself) and ready to go...here she is....the lovely Loreli. Her stitch pattern is beautiful, like waving seagrass on the ocean floor. It's also the rare lace pattern that is reversible without a sooooper obvious wrong side. The sides are different, but the back looks good, too. I personally think this is a good quality in a scarf.

See? Back pretty.

Also, you can pretend you're French:
Ooh la la. (On me, this method is a bit too short. But for my 5'2" friend I think it'll hit at a good spot.)

Or drape it like a stole:


Or--my personal favorite scarf-wearing technique--the once-around-falling-forward.


Everything about this project tickles me, from the stitch pattern, to the yarn, to the invisible kitchenered seam, to the way I will always think of Downton Abbey when I see it. Yay for happy gifty projects.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Oh, that is lovely!!!!!