Saturday, January 16, 2010

Slippery Slope

The cover of this book is making me want to cheat.


I mean, I've had dreams where I could crochet, but when I wake up, I look over at my knitting needles and think how happy I am with them.

I'd never purposefully cheat.

Maybe a DC here and there, maybe a surreptitious reading of the crochet instructions in my big books of crafts. Maybe a longing look at some brightly colored ripple afghans, or some sturdy wool potholders.

The last thing I need is another monkey on my back, the juggling of hooks, the added projects. But then I see a granny square or a cute amigurumi-- my mouth starts to water, and my fingers start itching.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, how I'd LOVE to be able to crochet! I even bought a pattern for the cutest little hat for my girl last year and I've tried and tried with no success. :( Luckily, knitting works for most of what I want to do. I've finished knitting the first pair of ballet slippers and they're just waiting for a few minutes of alone time with the washing machine!

Clumsy Knitter said...

Oh come on...give in! You know you want to. Then you can be bi-crafty and lord it over the rest of us! ;-)

Michelle, Queen Behind the Lens! said...

I could have written your post. :) The thing that stops me is the learning curve on reading patterns-- ugh. It took me four years to get this good at knitting. The thought of plunging into a whole new venue just keeps me knitting!